YouTube Goodness

General Discussions, Polls, Lists, Video Clips and Links
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: YouTube Goodness

Post by EricJ » May 8th, 2024, 4:05 pm

I remember when the concept was first announced, and I pictured a sort of grocery equivalent of Ralph Breaks the Internet.

It indeed takes a lot of hard work and effort to not only screw it up, but make something not even faintly resembling the premise.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 9th, 2024, 2:14 pm

Great Kirk speech from Mirror, Mirror! :D.

https://youtu.be/deq6_p47g54?si=rFUozvOoOTySgYpz
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 11th, 2024, 12:37 pm

I absolutely love the Clown College jokes in the famous Simpsons ep, but it kinda depresses me that the brilliant Close Encounters reference has sort of faded through the decades… :(.

https://youtu.be/3oTR5o9nUzI?si=7nuT33Gw8BPNWA8c
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 11th, 2024, 2:44 pm

So this is a thing...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 11th, 2024, 8:33 pm

Took me six seconds to wonder if this was AI and the Ryan Reynolds shot at 16s to confirm it. Very surreal looking.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 13th, 2024, 1:52 pm

Amazing fan animations pairing VeggieTales with Family Guy...

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 15th, 2024, 3:10 pm

Your head will explode….

(Back to the Future set in the 50s/20s)

https://youtu.be/ihzKRyX3NsM?si=52K237mkZfA0LBWv

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 15th, 2024, 7:51 pm

AI stuff really is loopy! It’s kind of its own look and thing at this point, but still loopy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 17th, 2024, 8:04 am

Definitely!

This is a good one too! :-D

https://youtu.be/cUm3oRYV7yM?si=xCYjvXkJhph8R42E

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 17th, 2024, 8:44 pm

Liz Taylor as Leia! Boba Fett as, er, Boba Fett! ;)

Yes, I got caught in a rabbit hole of all these the other night. The BTTF ones are especially nightmarish. They really are all like "bad dream" versions. I can feel quite "uneasy" watching too much of this!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » Yesterday, 6:53 pm

The Love Bug 1997? With Bruce Campbell? I have no recollection of this. Guess I was too busy getting married that summer.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » Today, 4:41 am

With Micky Dolenz (hey, hey, he’s a Monkee!) and directed by Peyton Reed, who made a bunch of these before going on to Down With Love and, yes, the Ant Man trilogy…!

Best bits from 50:55, especially 58:00!

Can’t believe you didn’t know about this, one if the better Zaloom/Mayfield remake/reboot/sequel TV films of the 90s. Bit of a weird one, as it’s a clear follow on to the Dean Jones movies, but also a remake of the first film.

It’s not bad, save for the TV visuals and a bit lacklustre throughout, and I kind of dislike the whole "where Herbie came from" (wait, he’s actually a girl!?) thing, when there’s the notion to be had that, within Disney's *original* MCU, he might have been powered by Flubber, but it’s better than the vast majority of that run and it’s always great to have Jones and Herbie back together.

A bit questionable as to if it is "canon", though. The title suggest a clean break (I've also seen it listed as Love Bug '97 in some places), but then in has Jones in it, which is confusing since, in the short-lived early 80s series, it’s clear he and Herbie are together and happy, so why would he not have kept him? So maybe it’s movie continuity, but then it’s not counted as one officially.

I can always do with less John Hannah in anything (I always found him weak as a villain here, and just shouty to overcome a lack of presence), and the whole touching on Nazi Germany without actually mentioning it is a bit weird, but part of that whole slightly bizarre backstory that doesn’t really make a lick of sense. Why must they try and explain these things??

And just what was it with evil devil cars in the 80s/90s? Didn’t KITT battle one too? ;)