Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » January 8th, 2007, 6:27 pm

Hahaha. Aww, c'mon now. Even the good folks at Pixar slapped a "Save 2D Animation." bumper sticker on Fillmore. :P More power to 'em if they wish to bring it back.
Mitch wrote:And doesn't Spencer Fox (the boy who played Dash in The Incredibles) do the voice for Wilbur (the kid from the future) in Meet the Robinsons?
*sighs* This was a complete mystery to me once. IMDb had him listed as the voice of Lewis, then the voice of Wilbur, then, and currently, as an additional voice. I caught a Movie Surfers preview of their yearly coverage on Disney Channel. Of course, Meet The Robinsons was in the line-up. I saw the kids doing the voices of Lewis and Wilbur, but neither one of them was Spencer Fox. :cry:

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 8th, 2007, 7:03 pm

PixarVixen - Aww man, that sucks. Actually, it makes perfect sense -- the kid who does the voice of Wilbur doesn't really sound that much like Spencer Fox, if you think about it. Too bad, though. At least Spencer was in Air Buddies (which I still haven't seen yet). :P :)
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 8th, 2007, 7:19 pm

Nor have I. ;) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 9th, 2007, 3:26 am

Hey, speaking of animated kid voices, Eli Marienthal (Hogarth in Iron Giant) who played Stifler's little brother in American Pie (and Robin in Mystery of the Batwoman) now has his own TV movie or show or something, a sequel to American pie, with the continuing adventure of Stifler's llittle brother, who's now like 18 or something. (he looks just like his big brother too! :) )
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 9th, 2007, 12:53 pm

Danny - We should see it, huh? It looks cute -- plus, you love sequels. ;)

ShyViolet - No kidding? Way to go, Eli! I don't watch the show, but at least he's getting deeper into the animation/entertainment business. I wonder how he likes it? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 9th, 2007, 4:33 pm

Mitch wrote:Danny - We should see it, huh? It looks cute -- plus, you love sequels. ;)
Aja!

Talking dogs! What's not cute?

I always will. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » January 16th, 2007, 10:41 pm

Is there any news on Meet the Robinsons? It is 2007 almost the end of January and it is coming out very soon and it just seems like there is no news interviews, video clips or anything interesting things on the movie. Is it still coming out in March?

Is it just me or do you guys feel the same.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 16th, 2007, 10:57 pm

Well, they *have* been promoting it like crazy on Disney Channel. (movie surfers, ayone?)

Other than that, no, not really. Hmm, I never really thought about it. Weired! :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » January 16th, 2007, 11:03 pm

edit -- deleted; ignore .. :roll:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 17th, 2007, 6:33 am

Frankly, I don't think Lasseter and co are behind this one, and it won't get the attention it deserves. You can bet that they're looking at this merely as a promotional tool to push Ratatouille's release a couple of months afterwards... :(

We should start to see something very soon, but this feels like Home On The Range all over again, especially after ChickLit got the feathers promoted out of it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » January 17th, 2007, 12:40 pm

I think it deserves more attention.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 17th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Ben - Got the feathers pulled out of it, more like. Chicken Little was a waste of time, not to mention...it was a poor attempt on Disney's part, especially when they were just starting to get into the computer animation business. But we're not talking about that.... :P

Yeah, Meet the Robinsons is just another Disney flick, in my opinion. I'll see it for two things and two things only:

1. To see a new Ratatouille trailer (yeeha!!)
2. For the visual effects

Other than that, I'll pass a second viewing. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 17th, 2007, 8:07 pm

Chicken Little wasn't that bad. Sure it was barely original, but I thought it was cute. :P

Meet The Robinsons looks very promising, IMO. The visuals, and plot sound cool. Not to mention, this is perhaps Disney's last CG film. :(

It was nice, while it lasted....

Eh, 2d is more Disneyish anyway! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 17th, 2007, 8:09 pm

I wasn't too hot on ChickLit either but I'm really looking foward to this one. I love the character designs and it looks like a bundle of fun. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 18th, 2007, 11:32 pm

Frankly, I don't think Lasseter and co are behind this one, and it won't get the attention it deserves. You can bet that they're looking at this merely as a promotional tool to push Ratatouille's release a couple of months afterwards...
I get that feeling too Ben. Somehow I can't picture Lassetter or Stanton talking up this film; mostly since they haven't said boo about it so far. I mean how about a spot on ABC, Toon Disney or your occasional DTV or DVD release with Lassetter enthusiastically telling us about MTR? As far as I know, there aren't any yet. :(
Which is a real shame IMO, since it looks awesomely fun and like it could have a million merchindising opportunities too. And Lassetter--like you've said Ben--is a great showman, so why doesn't he use those talents to promote the films of HIS company?

And BTW I really liked Chicken Little, mostly because the characters were sweet and the humor, which didn't work ALL the time, made me laugh, oh and most importantly, I enjoyed myself a lot.

(Runt and Fish Out of Water did a whole lot more for me than Mater did. :roll: :roll: )
Last edited by ShyViolet on February 10th, 2007, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!