Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 15th, 2007, 5:59 pm

Working for Peanuts was actually made in 3-D, back in the 1950's, with the 'anaglyphic' process (the kind you watch with red-and-blue cellophane glasses).

At the 3-D cartoon festival last year at the Egyptian Theatre, many of the Hollywood studio 3-D cartoons made in the 1950's, including WfP, were screened using a 'polaroid' process (the type of glasses used in 'modern' 3-D films).

The 'effect' is pretty much the same with both; kind of like looking at a 'multiplane' setup; with the characters on separate 'levels', appearing to be closer or further away, depending on the shot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » February 15th, 2007, 11:00 pm

Don't quote me on this, but I bet you a peanut that "Working" was two-strip polarized.

Polarized was the superior process, and believe it or not, it predates anaglyphic. I don't think Walt would have settled for less than the superior technology.

(This is not to say that there weren't anaglyphic prints made for some theaters. There undoubtably were.)

I can't wait to see Robinsons in 3D. To anyone who hasn't seen Disney Digital 3-D (or anything in Real-D), I recommend it. Best 3-D technology to date.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » February 16th, 2007, 12:40 am

You're likely right, Sullivan .. I merely assumed WfP was originally 'anaglyph'. :oops:

------

I'm definitely looking forward to it; Chicken Little looked pretty amazing in Disney Digital 3-D, and I'm sure Meet the Robinsons will look even better! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 16th, 2007, 6:42 am

I love seeing the dog with the glasses! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 16th, 2007, 5:33 pm

I'm definitely looking forward to it; Chicken Little looked pretty amazing in Disney Digital 3-D, and I'm sure Meet the Robinsons will look even better!
I didn't see ChickLit in theaters, so I wasn't able to see it in 3D...I'm really hoping I can see MTR in 3D though. It looks like a great movie to see in that format, what with the swooping camera shots, city landscapes, and whatnot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by american dog 4 life » February 18th, 2007, 10:08 pm

The short for this movie is "Workin for peanuts"This is a chip and dales short and it will accompany meet the robinsons and will be in 3D as well.This is awseome news people.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2007, 12:39 pm

Nice to see some good old animation back on the big screen.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 20th, 2007, 4:27 am

Thanks to AN, here's a neat article on Danny Elfman scoring Robinsons! (some pics too.) :wink:

http://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=877
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » February 20th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Ben wrote:Nice to see some good old animation back on the big screen.
In 3-D no less!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 20th, 2007, 4:48 pm

Aye!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2007, 7:45 pm

Hey have you guys heard about this booK: :)

http://www.animationnation.com/ubb/ulti ... 1;t=012113

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » February 22nd, 2007, 8:01 pm

Could be really cool :) I love those "art of HereTitleOfSomeBrilliantAnimatedMovie" books :) If only they were easier avalable in my country... I would buy them all :) ...but unfortunately they're not :(
Sometimes the best part of the film is its "art of..." book ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 22nd, 2007, 8:17 pm

Sorry K! :( Here if you ever go to Barnes and Noble and Borders (huge book store chains) they usually have books like this in their film/media section, often of the latest animated releases. My local B & N still has at least two or three copies of The Art of Cars.

I think you can probably order them on-line, though...not sure about Amazon, if it comes to Poland or not. I'll bet other sites do though. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » February 23rd, 2007, 7:30 am

Does anyone notices that this Art of contains only 64 pages ??
I can't wait for this Meet the Robinsons Art of, but usually Disney ones get 128 pages!!!
Do you think it's an error, or a joke, or at least this book will be very slim??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kaszubas » February 23rd, 2007, 10:49 am

ShyViolet wrote:Sorry K! :( Here if you ever go to Barnes and Noble and Borders (huge book store chains) they usually have books like this in their film/media section, often of the latest animated releases. My local B & N still has at least two or three copies of The Art of Cars.

I think you can probably order them on-line, though...not sure about Amazon, if it comes to Poland or not. I'll bet other sites do though. :)
Thanks Vi :) There are few ways to get those books, but none of them are even nearly effortless... There are several small agencies that offer individual import of foreign books, but it's very time consuming (have to wait several weeks) and costly. There are great "Art of..." books in the biggest polish on-line bookstore's international-books-offer, but they're (animation artbooks) always unavailable. Of course I tried to buy some of those books on amazon, but amazon.de (the closest one with smallest shipping fee) has outrageous prices (for example one of my personal favourites animation artbooks "the art of Monsters Inc." costs almost 80 euros which equals over 100 bucks and still excluding shipping fee...). Amazon.uk has much better prices, and theoretically delivers to Eastern Europe however in reality they refuse sending books to my country and the reason is not explicited... So as for now I have to count only on my friends coming back from US or UK :)
Prince Kido wrote:Does anyone notices that this Art of contains only 64 pages ??
I can't wait for this Meet the Robinsons Art of, but usually Disney ones get 128 pages!!!
Do you think it's an error, or a joke, or at least this book will be very slim??
Hmmm... strange... Maybe there is not much art in Meet the Robinsons ? ;) But I don't really think so :) Pixar artbooks has around 140-160 pages ("The Art of The Incredibles" has 160)... So MTR book seems really slim in comaprison...