Meet The Robinsons

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » November 4th, 2006, 8:28 pm

When the frog w/ the hat talks, his mouth looks a little off. Is that just me?
I think that was just oine of those things that happens in trailers. You know how they put lines of dialogue over scenes which don't match or include quotes that don't even appear in the final film... (ie, 'mention my name I get a doom with a view' from Hercules). I don't think iy's gonna be a problem in the final film.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 4th, 2006, 9:47 pm

S'what I figured.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 5th, 2006, 11:47 am

Ooh, no one mentioned the logo change yet! Yay, it's cool again!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2006, 12:54 pm

How long does the trailer take to download in Quicktime? I really wanna watch it if I can it to work.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by chernabog » November 5th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Yeah I'm pleased they had the new logo in. It really makes it feel like Disney has gone through a massive change to bring back uality movies. I don't think the old logo would have the same effect anymore.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2006, 3:29 pm

I can't get the trailer to work. Hopefully I'll catch it at "Santa Clause 3".
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 7th, 2006, 4:36 pm

I agree, the texture on the T-rex is kinda weird. But it made me smile when he waved his arms while he was making his excuses. :)

This... may be worth a watch, after all. I'll be eagerly awaiting it.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 7th, 2006, 5:59 pm

I agree, the texture on the T-rex is kinda weird.
Maybe it'll look better on the big screen?...
But it made me smile when he waved his arms while he was making his excuses.
Me too!

"I have a big head, and little arms!"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 8th, 2006, 3:23 pm

I like the way that he says "Master?" for some reason.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 8th, 2006, 4:23 pm

Me too, but it sort of seemed sort of thrown in.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 17th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Hey, is that score from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow playing in the trailer? I got the soundtrack a few weeks ago, and the trailer was playing in the theater I was in today, and I swore I heard a bit of it....Or am I going nuts?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 17th, 2006, 10:53 pm

According to SoundtrackNet, at least one of the trailers for Meet the Robinsons does feature music from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 17th, 2006, 11:59 pm

Yeah, it's Edward Shearmur's great main theme. I spotted that the first time I saw the teaser but didn't think anyone else would know what I was on about!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » December 18th, 2006, 3:42 am

Trailers often use music from existing films, since the final score usually has yet to be recorded. Sometimes, the music chosen is from the animatic 'temp' score (which is generally cobbled together from scraps of existing scores, which are similar to what the director and/or editor wants the 'final' score to sound like).

The Treasure Planet trailer used cues from John Williams' "land race" sequence in Far And Away .. and, actually, if you listen to the complete scores from both films in one sitting, you'll hear many similarities in the themes throughout. It's reasonable to surmise that much of Far and Away's score was used as the 'temp' score for Treasure Planet, and that Musker & Clements were so 'in love' with those tracks that they instructed James Newton Howard to change them as little as possible.

The trailers for The Incredibles utilized a rockin' super-spy-styled theme titled The Planet Plan by the electronica group United Future Organization. If one listens to the UFO track and the "Glory Days" segment from the early part of the film, many similarities in theme and tempo become apparent; thus, The Planet Plan was very likely used as the 'temp' score for this sequence. Much of the rest of the score, of course, is a loving tribute to John Barry's classic scores for "James Bond" films .. but it is more than mere tribute; listening carefully, it is relatively easy to identify portions of the film which were likely 'temp-scored' with specific tracks from You Only Live Twice, Thunderball, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, etc.

One anecdote from my own career that bears 'first-hand' witness to this is From the Earth to the Moon .. Tom Hanks personally selected the 'overture' from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves to use as the 'temp' score for the series' opening sequence. After months of it being there, the time came to replace it with something 'original' -- but Hanks was so 'in love' with that Robin Hood theme that he finally convinced HBO to get Michael Kamen (the composer of RH:POT) to create the 'new' theme (though, the themes are remarkably similar to one another -- intentionally, of course!) :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 18th, 2006, 9:48 am

Remember that also, Stanley Kubrick was so in love with his temp score for <I>2001</I> that he kept it even after Alex North had written a complete soundtrack for that film!