AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 2nd, 2006, 6:54 pm

Only on the QuickTime clip.

Where's the trailer playing in 3D??

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 2nd, 2006, 7:31 pm

Saw it before Monster House (the 3d version) I think. Either that or the 3d version of Ant Bully. I was actually thinking about doing an article after my move about all the animated films coming out in 3d this and next year. This new digital 3d stuff is really cool when its not used in a gimmicky way.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2006, 2:31 pm

I didn't get a kick out of Chicken Little in a regular theater, but Imax 3D is astonishing.

I may try and catch Monster House in 3D.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » August 3rd, 2006, 2:42 pm

Might go to an Ant Bully 3D soon.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2006, 7:37 pm

I think Ant Bully opens next week here.

I may have next Saturday off and try and get Cars, Ant Bully and Monster House in one sitting...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » August 3rd, 2006, 7:52 pm

I'm trying to get to all three. Can you believe I haven't seen Cars yet? Don't let the Pixar people know. I'm surrounded by theaters and can hardly ever make it to one. Might even go see The Wild at the bargain theater tonight, then hopefully Ant Bully by Thursday next week, then I'm supposed to go to the ASIFA screening of Monster House. Might even see Over the Hedge again if I go with someone who hasn't seen it yet.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » August 3rd, 2006, 9:25 pm

Then Barnyard open tomorrow!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » August 4th, 2006, 3:07 am

Yep!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 4th, 2006, 9:45 am

Oh gawd!

When can I fit this all in??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!????? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 6th, 2006, 6:48 pm

Ben wrote:Oh gawd!

When can I fit this all in??!?!?!?!!??!?!?!????? ;)
hurry up, Open Season, Flushed Away and Happy Feet are knocking on the door already.

uh oh....the bandwagon is gonna blow!!.... RUN!!!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 6th, 2006, 6:51 pm

2006: the year CGI "matured", there were too many, and people started not to automatically go to them.

I have to say that this year it's the two outsiders, Monster House and Happy Feet, that I have mostly been intrigued by and likely are the only ones I'll end up seeing in a theater.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by PatrickvD » August 6th, 2006, 7:00 pm

Ben wrote:2006: the year CGI "matured", there were too many, and people started not to automatically go to them.

I have to say that this year it's the two outsiders, Monster House and Happy Feet, that I have mostly been intrigued by and likely are the only ones I'll end up seeing in a theater.
We can see clearly now the rain has gone,

Pixar (Cars) Fox (Ice Age) and Dreamworks (Over the Hedge) are the only ones likely to come out alive.

and the thing is, we're going to see even more CGI flicks in 2007 wich should be interesting. If traditional animation comes back now, it can make BIG money, people are onto what Hollywood is doing and will be cautious when a new CGI flick opens. Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks are safe brand names. oh and Ice Age :lol: everything else is likely to flop now.

Feels like a 90's transplantation. Remember all the 2d animated garbage thrown our way when Disney hit he jackpot. I hate Hollywood sometimes.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 13th, 2006, 2:14 pm

"Happy Feet", from what I've seen, is a sure-fire hit, and I think that "Open Season" and "Flushed Away" could do quite well. So I think that people will still be going.

The reason that "The Ant Bully" flopped was... well, I'm not sure. But it did flop. Big time.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 13th, 2006, 8:58 pm

You guys think this year is bad? Just wait until 2007 - aren't 27 animated flicks coming out then?!?!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 14th, 2006, 3:49 pm

Uh, are there? Do you have a list?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."