Friday - $16.5 million

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 30th, 2007, 4:10 pm

Thanks, James.

Ah, now you spoiled something for me.
Sorry Dan, I should have hidden it. I guess it didn't occur to me. :(

(Hidden now)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » June 30th, 2007, 5:45 pm

I just saw Ratatouille. Boy, was it a great movie! I'm very eager to see it again. :D

On a side note...
I'd love to have a framed copy of Anton Ego's review for Remy's Ratatouille. I feel that it was one of the best speeches I've heard in a film in quite some time.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » June 30th, 2007, 6:16 pm

Saw it today and loved it. It's so charming, and just left me feeling all warm and fuzzy. The theatre was nearly full at a noon matinee, all ages including more than a few adults without children, and the audience enjoyed it.

Anton Ego was terrific, design, character arc, O'Toole's perfect voice - he was a real high point. And I loved Emile, Remy's brother - I'd seen him in the previews, but in the whole context of the movie, I really enjoyed him, he was so sweet and cute.

Favorite Pixar Super-Genius Set Piece this time...
The rats evacuating the farm in the thunderstorm, piling into the boats and launching into the river. That was the jaw dropping "this is so cool!" moment for me.
I loved it when Linguini...
...started waiting tables on roller skates. It was so nice to see that there really was something he was good at.
And a couple more things, then I'll stop:
Remy steam-cleaning the rats before they start cooking - hee hee, they were so cute.
All the Gusteau stand-up displays speaking in the different accents appropriate to the fast foods they were advertising.
The rats vs. the Health Inspector.
The final shot of the sign of the new Bistro, what a sweet note to end on!
I need to see this again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 30th, 2007, 7:32 pm

Therese is back!
ShyViolet wrote:Sorry Dan, I should have hidden it. I guess it didn't occur to me. :(
Its ok, Vi. :) At least it wasn't a HUGE spoiler, just a minor one. So don't worry, I'm not mad at you or anything. ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2007, 9:23 am

This sounds good!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 1st, 2007, 10:44 am

That's because it is good! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Therese » July 1st, 2007, 10:51 am

Oui, I am back. :)

I know this is premature, and it all depends on what "important" movies come out this year, but... It certainly appears that "Ratatouille" will be one of the best-reviewed movies of the year. Is there any chance that it could get a real Best Picture Oscar nomination? I can't imagine it not being a lock to win the Animated Feature category, but I still like to dream that an animated film could get into the big category again someday.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2007, 12:08 pm

I think once the Academy created the Best Animated Feature award, there's no chance that such a thing would be nominated for Best Picture ever again.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 1st, 2007, 5:59 pm

And that's just one of the many reasons why I don't like the Acadamy!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » July 1st, 2007, 7:29 pm

This film is the best of this summer/year yet!!!!

On my sit, you'll find a page with the Parisian events from saturday and a report from the press conference with Brad Bird and Brad Lewis in the HIlton hotel (in french sorry):

http://pixarroom.free.fr/PremiereRatatouille.htm

Can't wait til August to see the movie again.
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » July 1st, 2007, 7:54 pm

I saw the film today and loved it. It's not my favorite PIXAR film and it's not perfect but it is very touching and cute. I have to see it again partly because I was in a bad mood today. The only complaint I have about the film was the pacing. I felt like some parts dragged while others were perfect. Of course the animation was great and PIXAR is still miles ahead of any other studio.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 1st, 2007, 10:21 pm

Kinoo wrote:On my sit, you'll find a page with the Parisian events from saturday and a report from the press conference with Brad Bird and Brad Lewis in the HIlton hotel (in french sorry):

http://pixarroom.free.fr/PremiereRatatouille.htm
The pictures are great, though. Thanks for the link! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » July 1st, 2007, 11:56 pm

It's official--Ratatouille has pulled in 47 million in its first three days, according to this site:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2007 ... 41800.html

Its ok, Vi. Smile At least it wasn't a HUGE spoiler, just a minor one. So don't worry, I'm not mad at you or anything. Wink

Oh, good, I'm glad, Dan. :) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!