WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » January 18th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Yeah I was not expecting anything this soon too. I did not think we would see anything till June 29, when the teaser trailer is released with Ratatouille.
[url=http://www.jvpixarnews.com]JV PIXAR NEWS[/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 18th, 2007, 4:25 pm

Man, I really do hope that is it dialogue free, being the weird person that I am. You can tell so much in a story without words.

Off-Topic - I agree: Great signature, JV! :D
"Welcome to hell." - Skinner

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » January 18th, 2007, 4:26 pm

Thanks again Mitch!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 18th, 2007, 4:28 pm

JV - No problem! :D

Some people on the Pixar Planet board have said that it looks like the little character has a mouth. I kind of see what they mean now; however, I hope that he doesn't have one. Heheh.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 18th, 2007, 4:56 pm

Mitch wrote:Man, I really do hope that is it dialogue free, being the weird person that I am. You can tell so much in a story without words.
:shock: why am I not surprised? ;)

It would be unique, but most people these days, wouldn't go for it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 18th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Someone on the CG forum James linked to suggested that perhaps it would be like Dumbo, where the main character didn't talk but other characters did. I would love that! It might make sense too - I still can't find a mouth on the robot.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Mitch » January 18th, 2007, 5:39 pm

Danny - Haha -- I'm a weird person, Dan -- which makes the world all the more interesting! Weird people are cool. :lol: (snigger)

Eh, yeah...perhaps it wouldn't get too much attention. Although, I highly doubt it. The very fact that it is Pixar will have people flocking to the theater, hopefully. You don't know if a new idea will work until you try it.

Meg - I would love that, too.

As for the mouth: Well, if you look under his eyes, you may see a couple of golden, "mouth-like" attachments. It's kind of hard to see, put if you put two and two together it kind of looks like he has a mouth. I disagree, though. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 18th, 2007, 8:21 pm

I highly doubt it's a mouth, but the little dent on his front left almost looks like a frown, which makes the robot look even more pathetic...Again, I don't think it's the mouth but it makes it look that much sadder anway. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » January 19th, 2007, 12:05 am

WALL• E is going to be produced by Jim Morris says: http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795 ... id=13&cs=1

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 19th, 2007, 12:15 am

I think it's "cute" looking, but very mechanical, (in both senses) even more so than Cars. I think it would make a cool toy to play with (I still love toys :P) but not a 90-minute movie or however long it'll be.

It also reminds me...A LOT....of the film "Short Circuit" from the 80's. If anyone remembers that. :P

Also, the old "Robot/car-car/Robot" thing might not be such a great path to go down right now, considering the impending release of Transformers.

Although the W.AL.-E. guy reminds me more of those "Rock Warriors" that you could fold into rocks and then back into robots.... :roll: :P (yet another 80's ref.)

Images from "Short Circuit" the movie:

BTW I hope no one is upset by my reactions to this preview, it's just my first impressions and I'm not saying Pixar intentionally "ripped off" anything, just that it resembles this film a lot, maybe it inspired them or whatever.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 19th, 2007, 5:17 am

Number Five...is alive! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 19th, 2007, 1:51 pm

Mitch wrote:Danny - Haha -- I'm a weird person, Dan -- which makes the world all the more interesting! Weird people are cool. :lol: (snigger)
Just a little, though, one could argue the same about yours trully. ;)

You know, I was just staring at that little robot again, and I think I notice something. It looks like he's holding something, whether or not, its a piece of him is uncertain.

But, if you look at it, you can see a kids head. So it might be a mirror, showing a reflection, or a sign asking, have you seen "this person."

I hope someone, other than me, sees this, or something! :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ikblend » January 19th, 2007, 3:12 pm

I've heard from people at pixar that it's true that there's no dialogue. Only communication through sounds.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 19th, 2007, 3:41 pm

I can't decide if that's really brave or really stupid....Either way I'd love it if it were true.
But, if you look at it, you can see a kids head. So it might be a mirror, showing a reflection, or a sign asking, have you seen "this person."
Heh, actually it does, but I don't think it's intentional. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 19th, 2007, 3:43 pm

This was also rumored for Disney's Dinosaur. I think if it could be done well in this day and age Pixar could do it. But I don't know how well it would go over general audiences.