WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 16th, 2008, 2:51 pm

SlashFilm has some info on a WALL-E sculpture that was commissioned by Disney as a gift for John Lasseter. It's one of the the most beautiful wooden sculptures I've ever seen.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 16th, 2008, 3:03 pm

Hey, didn't <I>Andrew Stanton</I> write and direct this picture!? ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » October 16th, 2008, 6:45 pm

LOL! :lol: Yeah, it does seem like Stanton should be the one receiving the sculpture.

With that said, I have a feeling Stanton is about to receive a ton of 'sculptures' this awards season. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » October 17th, 2008, 12:26 am

Yes, those are MUCH more important methinks :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 17th, 2008, 6:58 am

But maybe not as nice.

A limited edition of one? Why does Lasseter keep getting all the credit? Far as I've seen, we haven't had the knockout yet that signals he's worth as much as he's being given credit for. They should have made up two, three of five or so of these - still a small enough limited number - for the primary people involved.

BTW, the company that made that, in Hertforshire, England, is just up the road from me. Might pop by and see if I can convince them to make it a limited number of two... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 1st, 2008, 11:39 pm

Here's a preview of the DVD packaging... oh my gosh, no! :x I can understand why they're doing this, nice theme in a way, but ack I hate it! I hope, hope the Blu doesn't suffer the same treatment. I don't see it happening honestly, but who knows. Whoever goes the DVD route, your disc are going to get damaged one way or another - most definitely on both sides, since it appears to be a pullout and the printed side is shiny...

Aside from those issues, I love the way it looks. That Up insert looks pretty cool too!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 2nd, 2008, 12:47 am

Am I missing something? That's completely awesome looking.

Or are we talking about the DVD itself in which case if you're not stupid with your DVDs they should have scratches on them to begin with.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » November 2nd, 2008, 1:12 am

That doesn't look too bad. Better than the Nightmare Before Christmas packaging anyway. I hate when they stack the discs on top of each other. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2008, 1:13 am

I'm sorry, but I'm confused. :? I was talking about the way the discs are stored. Their in sleeves, which no matter how careful you are, they're bound to get scratched. Not to mention having the oil from your fingers touching the non-printed side to get them out.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 2nd, 2008, 8:41 am

How does the 2-disc come? If you don't need the Digital Copy you could just go for that?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 2nd, 2008, 2:15 pm

There is no 2-disc for the DVD, only a single edition and the pictured 3 discer. I'm predicting it's going to be the same way, though I don't know for sure.

Also this, from the person who got it early:
NOTHING is holding the dvds, and they slide out a lot, watch out when you first open it.
Not even a hub for the disc on the left, wow. I bet it a way to tie in with the movie, but surly they could've at least added a hub.
Last edited by Daniel on November 2nd, 2008, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 2nd, 2008, 2:17 pm

So hey, anyone know the music that plays in this trailer?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=46164

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 3rd, 2008, 10:55 pm

Here are the final Specs for the Blu. To borrow from one of the posters - Cool-E!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by andrewcg » November 6th, 2008, 10:02 pm

I still haven't seen this movie yet. This is the first Pixar movie I missed at the theater :oops:. Can't wait to see it.
[url=http://www.werewolfandfirefly.com][img]http://www.geocities.com/andymulia/WF_Banner.jpg[/img][/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2008, 7:30 pm

Looking good for Blu-ray, the 3-disc is coming housed in the thicker BD case, so I'm confident the 2-disc will come in a regular BD case. Yay! :)