WALL-E

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 17th, 2007, 2:27 am

I liked this "self-congratulatory intro" much more than what we usually get. It felt more real and intimate and less marketing-speak than what some other films have done. "From one of the producers of Shrek and a co-writer of The Wild comes some movie we want you to see so we can make some money based on those names!"

As for the voice, that could just be there to show how to say the title, just like the latest Ratatouille trailers have some random voice speaking the title at the end to help audiences pronounce it.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2007, 3:02 am

I thought the film looked awesome, very intriguing, even though WAL-E looks even more like Number Five than he did in stills.

But they didn't need to do all that stuff because they do it in EVERY film they've ever released. (as well as all their DVDs) All people need to see is "Disney-Pixar", the incredible footage, and they're sold.
Because obviously, this will be the best animated film of next year. I doubt Kung Fu Panda or Madagascar 2 will really blow us away with originality.

I'm sure WAL-E will be great and all, but as of right now, there's no way to really know that.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » June 17th, 2007, 10:29 am

They need to do it if they only have 20 seconds of footage and need to stretch out the trailer! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 17th, 2007, 1:59 pm

So true, James.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2007, 2:52 pm

It's WALL-E, isn't it?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2007, 3:21 pm

Yeah, my mistake. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2007, 6:46 pm

Interesting comment from CartoonBrew about WALL-E:

06/17/07 9:49am

Morly says:
Being a Disney licensee, I was lucky enough to see extensive footage/previews of Wall-E and I can confidently say that it will be as good if not better than the Pixar films that have preceded it. It’s a new idea/environment for them and it looks like they’re handling it perfectly.

I think it will be a great film too! :wink: :) Maybe their best yet.

Still, I sorta like what this guy wrote: (he's not ragging on the film, just the way it was presented.)

06/16/07 11:52am

Milt says:
That Wall-E trailer is the most pretentious pile of s*** I’ve seen in years. I’m sure the film will be great (I loved Nemo, Incredibles, all the Pixar films, etc.) but to open up with a shot of Hidden City cafe and the ultra-serious “we’ve cured cancer” narration makes makes me sick - give me a break. The black and white photography, the overly sensitive Newman-esque score (I feel like Robert Redford should come out and hit a home run) - come on.

You guys are great storytellers but really, am I the only one who thinks these guys are really getting full of themselves?
I'd love to see Stanton and Lassetter appear in a video like this that talks up Meet the Robinsons or Rupunzel. Of course I know it's not Pixar's show--it's Anderson's and Keane's. But it would be really cool if they appeared in publicity like this for Disney films too. It would really help those films do better, IMHO. Lassetter is much more recognizable to audiences than Keane, Anderson, Musker or Clements are.
Last edited by ShyViolet on June 18th, 2007, 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 17th, 2007, 10:05 pm

Oh as a Disney shareholder, I would love to be at their Annual Shareholder meeting start of next year. They are being very tight-lipped on WALL-E, but I would assume they would show them the trailer for WALL-E.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2007, 10:46 pm

So...Is this going to have dialogue after all?

Shucks.

I'm pretty sure the first part is silent, then when WALL-E meets people he starts to use his "voice", etc....and if there's humans they probably talk amongst themselves.

Plus I'm SO happy Willem Dafoe is in this. I absolutely loved him in Finding Nemo and he's one of my fave actors anyway. (he's also in Adam Resurrected with Jeff Goldblum, which comes out at the end of this year. :) )

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2007, 8:00 am

Did that get pushed back? Must be worse than we thought... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 18th, 2007, 11:14 am

Nope....it just wrapped shooting actually. :) (They shot in Israel, Romania and Germany.)

The only reason it was delayed was 'cause of Jeff Goldblum's TV show Raines.

http://www.bleibergent.com/index.php?pa ... ovieId=458

:wink:

OK so about WALL-E.....um.....:wink:

I couldn't get that "Brazil" music out of my head last night....:roll:

It's also in the Bee Movie trailer, and the Sicko trailer. Funny crossover...:P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 18th, 2007, 11:59 pm

Anyone else get the feeling the whole "Yup, we came up with all of our ideas over a cup o' coffee!" thing is a bunch of BS?

Other than that, I enjoyed the teaser. Different than what we usually get, which is nice.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 19th, 2007, 1:25 am

After thinking about it for a while.... yeah. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bawpcwpn » June 19th, 2007, 6:44 am

I don't think them coming up with those ideas while having lunch is not true. I mean they would have been very basic ideas that were in no way developed.

And are we actually sure Willem Dafoe and Emma de Caunes etc are in this and this is not just an error on Apples behalf due to the WALL-E teaser being posted straight after the Mr Beans Holiday trailer? I feel like emailing one of the Pixar animators that are around on the web and asking them just to say it is wrong or right.
"But I'm your No. 1 Fan!"
- Buddy a.k.a Syndrome

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » June 19th, 2007, 10:13 am

I don't think them coming up with those ideas while having lunch is not true. I mean they would have been very basic ideas that were in no way developed.
You could be right, but in the trailer they made it sound like all their ideas were already quite developed when they came up with them. Besides, doesn't this go agaisnt their other 'creation stories'?