"Happily N'Ever After"

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Texas loves pixar! » April 30th, 2007, 4:54 pm

Oh thats good.
[img]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/TIZ_00/JVRatatouilleposter4.jpg[/img]

Banned
Banned

Post by Remy » May 1st, 2007, 5:05 pm

Oh that's awesome Daniel!!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 1st, 2007, 5:51 pm

Totally, Remy! 8)

Banned
Banned

Post by Remy » May 2nd, 2007, 8:29 am

Yeah totally, Daniel!!! 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 2nd, 2007, 1:53 pm

I feel over-swamped with Ratatouille!

Remy, could you shrink your sig pic down by half please. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 2nd, 2007, 10:12 pm

I just noticed we have a lot of Remy's on this board!! :P :wink:

Anyway, I love the parts in the trailers with Remy and his family!

"Stay away from humans, they're dangerous. Now shut up and eat your garbage!!"

"Do you detect anything? An oakey nutiness?"

"Oh, I"m detecting nutiness..."

:D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 2nd, 2007, 10:31 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I just noticed we have a lot of Remy's on this board!! :P :wink:
Three by my count. Wow! :o

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » May 2nd, 2007, 11:32 pm

Four big Pixar fans: three with Remy in their names and the other with Remy in his sig. All joining in the same week. What a coincidence.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Texas loves pixar! » May 3rd, 2007, 8:34 am

Yeah you can tell I like Pixar.:)
[img]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/TIZ_00/JVRatatouilleposter4.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 4th, 2007, 4:44 pm

So... I just got back a little while ago, from my trip to the video store and guess what? They were all soled out of Happily N'Ever After! :| Amazing!

Seeing as I can't give my 2 cents, here's my little story of what happened; (if anyone cares. ;))

I went into the store, saw the huge (tacky) display and than when I got closer, I saw a little piece paper saying "out of stock". One of the employees was near me, and said, "were you gonna rent that?" and of course I said, "yeah, I was". The lady seemed genually concerned, and before I knew it, she came back with a free coupon for popcorn/goodies! Like wow! That was so sweet of her!

So when I try going again, I'll be getting free snacks with my free movie. How cool! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 10th, 2007, 5:34 am

Got the movie yesterday, and finally saw it..... I thought it was, ok. Not as bad as I was expecting, but still very bad. The color was my main nitpick. It was just ugly. The CG wasn't that good either, and don't even get me started on the music!

Story wise, this wasn't anything to write home about. It was a nice concept, but one that could've been done much better.

And...
talk about a twist, I wasn't expecting Ella (Cinderella) to marry the dish washer! It was pretty much a given, but hey, I'll take what you can get.

And I liked the ending confrontation with Freda! Nice little fight, and I loved that Ella got to punch her! Totally deserved it!
Other than those two tibits, everything else felt meh. The first half hour or so, just kept reminding me of Disney's Cinderella. I know it was done on purpose, but still... :? And on top of that, towards the end when Frida
uses that power staff thingy
I was instantly reminded of Cinderella III: A Twist in Time!

If only this could've been half as good. :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wendy » May 10th, 2007, 6:36 am

Yeah, the movie was bad but still ok. I thought the beginning was quite funny but then the story just flattens and the jokes become less funny. The villains are not interesting, not to mention the dwarves.

Did you see a reference to The Lion King or was that just my imagination? There's nothing in the trivia on imdb so I'm probably mistakin but:
the scene where the little purple creature (Mambo or the other one) gets smacked against the wall by the evil lady and then there's I think an animal skeleton that falls on his head, isn't there something like that in the Lion King? I think it happened to the hyenas...
About the graphics: especially when they walk it's very unnatural, it's like they all suffer from bow-leggedness. :?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 10th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Completly agree, wendy! The beginning really was much funnier. Don't know why, but I'm leaning towards Mambo. ;)
wendy wrote:The villains are not interesting, not to mention the dwarves.
Ugh, yes! the wolves that the dish washer kept bumping into, were horrible! I didn't like the Dwarves much either.

Did you see the reference to The Emperor's New Groove?
When the dish washer stopped the film in the begginning. Ha, that was so Kusco's thing! :P
As to your reference..
I don't remember. I think it happened to the leader, or Ed, but I'm not sure. I need to see it again soon!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2007, 5:40 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by wendy » May 10th, 2007, 5:52 pm

Ah yes Daniel, didn't notice the emperor's thing, but now that you say it, definitely not so original :)