AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2006, 2:52 am

Weirdo. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 8th, 2006, 11:54 pm

No, I'm not ;)

Come on Ben, you must be a little exited...... Right? :?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 8th, 2006, 11:57 pm

Nope, I'm passing. It looks simply <I>dreadful</I>. A real step back after the quality DisneyToon were reaching.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 9th, 2006, 1:43 am

Really? I don't think its that much of a step back. Granted it is a little, but I still think it looks Bambi 2 quality.

Though, plot wise, it sounds completly new and original. That's something! :)

Like, come one, a singing dog group? :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 9th, 2006, 9:59 am

Yes, a singing dog group.

Among other things, that's what's wrong with it. ;)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 9th, 2006, 11:38 am

Eh. I'm tired of midquels.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 9th, 2006, 1:21 pm

Daniel Jake wrote:Really? I don't think its that much of a step back. Granted it is a little, but I still think it looks Bambi 2 quality.

Though, plot wise, it sounds completly new and original. That's something! :)

Like, come one, a singing dog group? :P
Bambi II?? You're kidding right? This is sub-Mermaid II quality. You can easily see this is Japanese out-sourced stuff rather than in-house Australia. The movement is all jerky key frames (the real giveaway) and the outlining is thicker than usual, meaning they were working with TV level animators and have spruced it up a bit to achieve some bizarre mid-ground look. No-where near Bambi II, or Lion King 1.5, or even the theatricals Pan and Jungle Book.

New and original plot? In a <I>mid-quel</I>? How about a <I>real</I> sequel that picks up after the original and continues the story. Oh, I forgot, as this would mean either the son/daghter of Copper and Todd having to meet up, and the fact that the characters wouldn't have been as cute and marketable.

And <I>where</I>, in that scene on the train tracks in the original, did Copper utter the line: "Hey, Todd, I'm gonna let you go, just this once, because you remember that time when we were in that singing dog group? Well, you know, that was the happiest time of my life, like, <I>ever</I> for kicks and giggles, and hopefully one day we can go back and start our <I>own</I> singing dog group and call it The Fox & Hounds - think Vixey would be up for that? Okay, Chief's coming...run!"

That line must have been cut out...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 9th, 2006, 9:27 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Yes, a singing dog group.

Among other things, that's what's wrong with it. ;)
Aww, I don't think so :cry:
Meg wrote:Eh. I'm tired of midquels.
There's only a few out, and your already tired of them? :?
Ben wrote:Bambi II?? You're kidding right? This is sub-Mermaid II quality. You can easily see this is Japanese out-sourced stuff rather than in-house Australia. The movement is all jerky key frames (the real giveaway) and the outlining is thicker than usual, meaning they were working with TV level animators and have spruced it up a bit to achieve some bizarre mid-ground look. No-where near Bambi II, or Lion King 1.5, or even the theatricals Pan and Jungle Book.
I was being serious Ben :oops:

You can notice all that from a few previews? You got some skills 8)

Even if the animation isn't up to par with the films you mentioned, the original was no looker itself. Yes, I'm aware that at the time Disney movies were being created by a 'new' team, and they really didn't master stuff until Mermaid. But, could it be because of that, they didn't go all out with Fox 2? I don't know, but that could be a reason :? Regardless of less than stellar animation, the film still looks very well drawn IMO.
Ben wrote: New and original plot? In a <I>mid-quel</I>? How about a <I>real</I> sequel that picks up after the original and continues the story. Oh, I forgot, as this would mean either the son/daghter of Copper and Todd having to meet up, and the fact that the characters wouldn't have been as cute and marketable.

In my opinion, it is original :(

If infact it was a real sequel, I don't think I would be as exited. Don't get me wrong, I would love seeing them and their kids interacting, however I don't think it would be the same. I know most sequels tend to revolve around the offspring, but I don't think it would've been wise in this case. The original was all about friendship, and I loved the early relationship between Tod and Copper, it was really cute. Not to mention the ending where after all that's been done, they go back to being friends. I don't believe it could be the same had it been their kids, I just don't see it working.

I'm happy Disney didn't decide and make a real continuation, I think it was smart move going back before the two were seperated. Little Mermaid II was a real continuation, and the reason it didn't work (for me at least) was because it couldn't match that of the original. (I know it had to be a rehash because it was her daughter, but nothing near as heartwarming or romantic ever occured :() Now with LM3 were going back to a piveal time where Arial was still a Mermaid and showing something we haven't seen. Did we ever in the original hear much about Arials mom? Did we ever get confirmation of how she really passed away? No, so if all of a sudden this mid-quel answers those question, are you going to say, 'why didn't they say that in the original?' 'Why at this and this time didn't they recall what happened previously?'

In my opinion, were not suppose to think about stuff like that, were just suppose to act as if it really happened. Tv shows and movies do it all the time, its nothing new

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 10th, 2006, 8:33 am

Did we ever get confirmation of how she really passed away? No, so if all of a sudden this mid-quel answers those question, are you going to say, 'why didn't they say that in the original?'
Some things are left better unsaid.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 8:58 am

Exactly...it made the bond between Ariel and Triton stronger. There was obviously some serious emotional issues going on when she died, even perhaps, in a serious version, at childbirth, thus making Ariel feel she's somehow "responsible" and Triton over protective as he knows she's the youngest sensitive one.

But now we're going to get something where it all just happens for some blase, comedy musical reason, probably without Triton actually involved, and where everything ends up happy and great and Ariel is stronger, thus totally negating the basis of the relationship formed in the original.

Just my take.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 10th, 2006, 3:19 pm

"Hey, Todd, I'm gonna let you go, just this once, because you remember that time when we were in that singing dog group? Well, you know, that was the happiest time of my life, like, ever for kicks and giggles, and hopefully one day we can go back and start our own singing dog group and call it The Fox & Hounds - think Vixey would be up for that? Okay, Chief's coming...run!"
Now THAT was funny! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 10th, 2006, 4:39 pm

Yes that was funny, in harsh way ;)

I know some things are better left unsaid, but to me, it doesn't ruin what's already been established :?

As the Disney freak that I am, I'm curious on many levels of certain plot points going unaknowledged. As such, you can see why I don't mind it when movies, Disney particaly, do it.

Btw... I should've left that Mermaid example out until the LM3 thread is created, oh well :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Now THAT was funny! :D
Thanks WJ - I was afraid it had gone unnoticed.

Harsh? Sometimes you gotta be to be true! :)

And "curious on many levels of certain plot points going unaknowledged"? It's called using your own imagination... ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 10th, 2006, 7:58 pm

Imagination? What's imagination?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 10th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Well it seems to be a rarer and rarer commodity these days Meg... :(