Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Enchanted Trailer !!!!

Post by PatrickvD » May 22nd, 2007, 8:50 am

Prince Kido wrote:I've just found this link to download the exclusive and official trailer of Enchanted!! Enjoy and i so much love this new Disney heroine, Giselle!!
http://www.filmick.co.uk/2007/05/direct ... anted.html
I was about to post it. :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 22nd, 2007, 9:39 am

Oohh! Oooh! Faith restored! Looks good! Fun! Can't speak! ;)

The animation still looks "off", they're selling it on the back of way too many pure Disney (modern) features, and I hope we don't get a 1.66 opening and then a 2.35:1 live-action world...the ratio changes in the trailer seemed odd too.

I hope they don't keep playing the almost-bursting into song gags too often either, but for the most part, this could be an exceptionally entertaining film...this holiday's <I>Night At The Museum</I>?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » May 22nd, 2007, 12:18 pm

Finally!! :D :D
I have to say, this looks like its going to be loads of fun!!

The backgrounds in the 2d part are gorgous!!
and I hope we don't get a 1.66 opening and then a 2.35:1 live-action world
Why not?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 22nd, 2007, 12:57 pm

Meg wrote:Most people in the film and animation biz don't do what they do for money or fame, George...They do it because it's their passion.

I'd rather have a low-paying job that I adore and look foward to everyday than a decent-paying one that leaves me moody and unhappy any day...Perhaps that's just me though.

Ya know, as much as I have chided Vi in the past, you've really gotta pay attention to what she says about LA.

It's by far one of the most expensive cities to live in in the US. Traffic is a bear on the main highways and you get your own version of Epcot just driving through the sections of town. Tremendous amounts of problems ALONG with glamour on the surface.

BUT, it's not a great place to raise kids and it's dangerous for your health, too, unless you've got built-in nose filters and a health plan that allows for one free pair of lung transplants.

In addition, show biz work can be very seasonal depending on your profession and it's not unusual to be unemployed for months or find yourself doing temp work until the next gig in your dreamline of work turns up. Fact, not fiction.

Sorry, LA is a nice place to visit (in parts where there aren't gangs), just wouldn't want to live there 24/7.

And I've visited the place a few times.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 22nd, 2007, 3:28 pm

I KNOW, George. I'm not expecting LA to be all fairies and butterflies if I ever work there. I'm well aware that's it's a crappy place to live, I know the traffic is awful, I know the pollution is enough make your lungs explode. I also know that I'm going to have one hell of a time trying to survive and make it on my own, and if I even want to be the slightest bit successful I'll have to absolutely work my a** off.

My chances of becoming a success there are about 1,000 to one. But I figure taking that chance is better than giving up before I've even started.

ANYWAY, the trailer for Enchanted was great! I agree with Ben about the animation looking...off, but overall it looks like a fun ride.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 23rd, 2007, 11:54 am

I really admire your determination, Meg. I'm also in a creative field so I know how it is. I wish you lots of success! :)

I was just commenting based somewhat on my own situation and on things I've read here and there. Sometime you have to do what you feel is right, or like George said, maybe make a compromise. Some people stay in the business and others don't. It's all about what's right for you.

:wink:

Re: Enchanted trailer. Unfortunately I haven't been able to download it due to some technical issues, but hopefully will soon. Anyway, you guys all sound very excited about it, and I trust your judgement. :)

I really hope this helps bring back 2d!!!! :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by veu » June 6th, 2007, 11:06 am

Here you can foind the books about "Enchanted":

Enchanted: True Love Kiss

Enchanted: The movie Storybook

Enchanted: A Storybook Life

Enchanted: A Dream Came True

Enchanted The Junior Novelization

Enchanted: Before The Fall

Last book, Enchanted: Before the fall, is a prequel of the movie... wow!

Do you love this book?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Enchanted Trailer !!!!

Post by rebelrex » June 6th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Prince Kido wrote:I've just found this link to download the exclusive and official trailer of Enchanted!! Enjoy and i so much love this new Disney heroine, Giselle!!
http://www.filmick.co.uk/2007/05/direct ... anted.html
this trailer looks AWESOME- at first i was a little hesitant, but now im reeeeeally excited to see this movie :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » June 7th, 2007, 3:20 am

veu wrote:Last book, Enchanted: Before the fall, is a prequel of the movie... wow!
Wow, indeed. Thanks for the info! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 16th, 2007, 11:13 pm

Dunno if this has been posted, but I found this poster:

Not bad, but I think its my least favorite thus far.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » August 17th, 2007, 9:40 am

I like it, but we need a poster with animated characters against a live-action background!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » August 17th, 2007, 2:24 pm

In France, we actually have some teasings-posters of Enchanted (Il Etait Une Fois... is the french title) with Queen Narissa with both animated and real versions! Very nice to catch them everywhere in Paris and hope for a Giselle one soon!!! You can also check my blog (link below) to see them! ;) Enjoy...
[url=http://davidgilson.blogspot.com/][img]http://davidgilson.free.fr/petitpoulet/banblog2.jpg[/img][/url]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 17th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Cool poster! The villain looks much better in animation.
Meg wrote:..but we need a poster with animated characters against a live-action background!
Indeed, espicially with that kind of banner.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2007, 10:30 am

That's pretty awful.

As has been said, we need something that says ANIMATION and LIVE-ACTION, by way of the Princess looking at herself in a mirror, or something, or maybe the live princess up against the animated villain? They need to start playing with those concepts, or perhaps have a staggered campaign where the animated poster starts to become live-action (or vice versa) over time.

And that banner tag? UGH. It's mundane to say the least. It should read:

"The Real World And The Animated World ARE ABOUT TO Collide..."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 20th, 2007, 3:00 am

Yup, that would be a much better tag.