Enchanted

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Kinoo » September 27th, 2007, 1:43 pm

They WILL!!! Did you seriously think that food was the ONLY sector they're gonna focus on for the promotion of the movie ? ? ? Be serious FGS! (For God Sakes :D)!
[url=http://www.pixar-room.com][img]http://pixarroom.free.fr/PIXAR%20PICS/mai2007/R.jpg[/img][/url]
http://www.inbedwithkinoo.canalblog.com

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2007, 4:22 pm

The films is more or less a month away now. They're sure taking they're time about it, that's for sure.

Ratatouille came out in late June of '07 and we were seeing previews/promotions as early as the summer before. :roll: :?

Also, why don't Lassetter/Catmull talk this film up at all? Why wasn't there anything on the Cars DVD that came out last year about Robinsons OR Enchanted? (Or Bolt/Rapunzel for that matter--even if it's just WIP) Or on ABC/Disney Channel?

Is it THAT hard for John and Ed to do a five-minute "This will awesome!" kind of spot?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Meg wrote:Yeah - because we all know Lasseter really wants Disney's films to bomb at the B.O.

Why is it he gets blamed for EVERYTHING that people don't like over at Disney? Shouldn't Iger get the blame for this lame marketing campaign?
"They" don't blame him, JimHillMedia.com does.
(And then Animated News quotes him, but his own readers see through the sham.)

For those who aren't up on the story, do a search for "Lasseter" on Jim's site--dating back past Iger Day in January '06*--and follow the long and hilarious story of one man's Fox News obsession to prove that Disney shouldn't have spend that $7.4 billion (remember that number folks, he quotes it anywhere between three and seven times per article) on acquiring Pixar...
And how it's really Bob Iger's fault it happened...Just watch, folks, he's probably not the genius everybody thinks he is, and he's going to waste all that money fixing up California Adventure, too! :D

If you're brave enough to read some of the user comments, you will watch, and I do not exaggerate, a MUTINY from the readers, several times over.
And Jim's literally neurotic begging and pleading with the readers for them to believe him, and haranguing them as "Disney dweebs" who "Only want to hear happy-happy news" when they don't. The man is not well. :cry:

...JHM industry news gets quoted frequently here as verified, but just giving AN a little helpful advice on credible news sources.

===
* - Actually, that's not accurate: A further search all the way back to November '05 will also bring up a desperate series of number-crunching articles on Why Chicken Little Didn't Really Flop--and why Disney CGI might have a future after all, and there'd be no need for them to buy anybody!--and you can see the roots of the disease.
No, we don't know how much stock Jim owns in the company, and there's been some question as to whether he really does or not.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 27th, 2007, 4:31 pm

If you're brave enough to read some of the user comments, you will watch, and I do not exaggerate, a MUTINY from the readers, several times over.
Yeah, I've read those. I don't agree with most of them.

The man is not well. Crying or Very sad
Why, just because he has a different opinion from his readers? I agree with some of what he says. Does that mean I'm not well, too? :roll: :wink: :P J/K

and why Disney CGI might have a future after all, and there'd be no need for them to buy anybody!--and you can see the roots of the disease.
So Jim Hill has a disease because he actually tried to defend Disney's CGI projects in 2005? Because he thought Chicken Little had merit and that there was a lot of potential in (now defunct) American Dog?

No offense but.....opinons are opinions. Feelings different from others doesn't make you "sick." :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 27th, 2007, 4:46 pm

[ The man is not well. Crying or Very sad

Why, just because he has a different opinion from his readers? I agree with some of what he says. Does that mean I'm not well, too? :roll: :wink: :P J/K
Well, I don't know, do you have Monomania or Narcissistic Personality Disorder too? :D
(Have you had a divorce that happened within a suspiciously similar timeframe to favorite-discussed news events?)
and why Disney CGI might have a future after all, and there'd be no need for them to buy anybody!--and you can see the roots of the disease.

So Jim Hill has a disease because he actually tried to defend Disney's CGI projects in 2005? Because he thought Chicken Little had merit and that there was a lot of potential in (now defunct) American Dog
No, it's because he had an obsession--more important than his own readers--with imaginarily manipulating a corporate decision he had no part in*, and then wrapping himself in "Well, Bill O'Reilly does it too!" when facts are thrown back in his face.

Jim can write any site he likes, just reminding AN's news page to check their sources before putting anything on the front page.

===
(* - Actually, we do know how much stock--
He's mentioned in articles that he owns a framed OneShare of Disney, which, logically, would make him a "stockholder". As to why he's been so obsessed with the Terrible Number for two years, and still mentions it almost literally every other paragraph, THAT's the medical part we're wondering about.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 27th, 2007, 5:58 pm

Okay, we'll be calling for a calm down situation here.

This isn't the place to start a heated discussion on Jim Hill. We all have our opinions on the man, but let's keep it to decent discussion.

And thanks for the help Eric, but we're pretty solid on our news sources and only report what we believe is of merit from Mr Hill's blog.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 27th, 2007, 7:40 pm

Here's a pic from Jim's Enchanted article:

I don't believe we've seen it before, but I really like it.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 27th, 2007, 9:32 pm

I like it, too. Especially Giselle's expression. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 28th, 2007, 3:17 am

Yeah, doesn't it look kind of like Ariel when she's human?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 28th, 2007, 7:08 am

She doesn't look good in profile, that girl...

Still, it's all supposed to be "hyper-Disney" anyway, so I guess all the cliches work. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Prince Kido » October 5th, 2007, 3:45 am

New featurette on this link pointing to Queen Narissa- Susan Sarandon's character with a bit of new animated footage! Enjoy but beware of the possible spoilers : http://www.apple.com/trailers/disney/en ... evillains/
[url=http://davidgilson.blogspot.com/][img]http://davidgilson.free.fr/petitpoulet/banblog2.jpg[/img][/url]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 5th, 2007, 10:25 am

I counted one spoiler:
The mother/son relationship between the Prince and the Wicker Queen. That's pretty fun and I hope they do something with that.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 5th, 2007, 3:31 pm

Is it a biggie?

Thanks to this thread, you can view a couple of new pics! (Its near the bottom)

And here's a new poster: (from Disney Central Plaza)

Cute, although it looks kinda photoshopped, no? And finally, 2d with live action! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 5th, 2007, 8:37 pm

Well, at least they incorperated both animated and live-action images in that one...The font at the top is horrible though. Really clashes with the rest of the poster.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 6th, 2007, 2:32 am

Now that you mentioned it, it does. :?