Spider-Man 3

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 8th, 2007, 8:59 pm

IGN's (quite negative) review of X-Box version of Spidey 3:

:P

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/785/785643p1.html
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 9th, 2007, 1:25 am

ShyViolet wrote:I want to read everything so bad, but I don't want to spoil the film....:?
Hang in there, Vi, you can do it! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 9th, 2007, 11:14 am

Lucas Reacts to Spidey 3...

OR,

The Kettle Calls the Pot Black, Part Deux!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270874,00.html

"Lucas told me he has seen all the summer movies since his company, Industrial Light and Magic, does most of the special effects. The only one they didn't work on was "Spider-Man 3." What did he think of it?

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

Well, it's not "Star Wars."

"People thought 'Star Wars' was silly, too," he added, with a wink. "But it wasn't."

Lucas, by the way, says he is readying "Clone Wars," an animated series for TV that's derived from "Star Wars." Many "Star Wars" characters appear in "Clone Wars," but voiced by other actors.

And here's a little news: Lucas tells me he will make two more live-action films based in the "Star Wars" era.

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu.""

Yes, Folks, he SAID all that.

The Apocalyse is coming! :lol:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 9th, 2007, 11:33 am

And that's fine with me. I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so if Lucas wants to give us more movies on top of the two TV series he's working on, I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I mean, sure the prequels were a bit tacky but they do have their own special charm if you're willing to look for it.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 12:57 pm

"Lucas is absolutely one of my favorite people, a lovely guy who seems unaffected by his enormous success."

All that needs to be said. :(

Those two Star Wars movies look to be specials, like the Ewoks movies. Uh-oh... :roll:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 9th, 2007, 2:08 pm

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," [Lucas] said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"
I can think of something else that's pretty silly...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 9th, 2007, 2:21 pm

I loved Spider-Man 3 it was really great. The thing I don't understand why so much hate for Vemon. Anyways Spider-Man storyline are the same as the first three Superman movies.

Spider-Man discovers powers falls in love
Superman: The Movie discovers powers falls in love
Spider-Man 2 gives up power sleeps with MJ
Superman 2 give up power for Lois also sleeps with her
Spider-Man 3 alien symbiotic cause Spider-Man to be bad
Superman 3 synthetic kryptonite cause Superman to be bad

Let's not hope Spider-Man 4 deals with the Clone Saga since Superman 4 Lex clones Superman's hair and nuclear power to Nuclearman.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » May 9th, 2007, 4:21 pm

Pretty sure Spidey never slept with MJ in the second film...Unless I missed something?!

The basic storylines for the Supes/Spider-Man movies are similar, but the movies themselves are very different.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 5:16 pm

I thought you would have pointed...to this! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Meg wrote:Pretty sure Spidey never slept with MJ in the second film...Unless I missed something?!

The basic storylines for the Supes/Spider-Man movies are similar, but the movies themselves are very different.
He's been reading my review! ;)

The similarities in parts 2 and II of each is that the leading lady <I>finds out</I> about our heroes' identity, as well as losing their powers.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 9th, 2007, 6:11 pm

Ben wrote:I thought you would have pointed...to this! ;)
LOL! Yeah, that's definitely another good example. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 7:09 am

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," he said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"
Wow.... :shock:

It's not just a river in Egypt, is it?? :roll:

"But they won't have members of the Skywalker family as characters," he said. "They will be other people of that milieu."

Then why bother?? :(

I know for years they were talking about Lucas picking up after ROTJ with new films, right?

I love how Rod Hilton put it in his ROTJ script:

He kills the EMPEROR. The rebellion wins! Everything is resolved!

MARK HAMILL
Well, it looks like we won. That is, unless you read the books or comics.

GEORGE LUCAS
It's worse than that, actually. Remember, I supposedly have plots for three movies that take place AFTER these three, which means some huge conflict is still unresolved. I won't make the movies, though. Hell, I won't even tell anyone what I'm thinking. Ha ha, f*** you all!

END
Copyright 2001 Rod Hilton. All Rights Reserved. This document may be reproduced verbatim (allowing censorship and translation) as long as the author's name is preserved and this notice is either preserved or referenced.

www.the-editing-room.com
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 14th, 2007, 12:02 am

Finally saw this today.

SPOILERS!!! ******
:wink:

Wow.....!

Best. Movie. Ever!!!! :D

Well, OK, maybe not, but it felt like it at the time. It was definitely the best Spidey movie ever. At least IMHO. :wink:

Long, yes. Soap-Opera-ish with that whole Harry Osborne Loss of Memory/temporary amnesia thing they had going (:roll:) hokey speeches and Tobey Maguire doing more pouting, eye-bugging-out and nostril flaring than I'd generally like to see in a movie......but overall, really, really, really, really awesome. LOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDITLOVEDIT.
:) The actors really know their characters and have them DOWN. You're totally back in this world.

I know a lot of people think S2 was much better than this one; and in some ways I KIND OF agree with them, but one thing: despite the fact that the whole "Harry gets revenge on Pete" thing is set up so brilliantly, we never got the payoff in the S2 and in a lot of ways I thought that weakened the movie. I know they were setting up for 3 (I think?) but still....S3 reminded me of X2: X-Men United in that there are so many characters/arcs/storylines but somehow in the end it all just.....comes together. :)

(Only thing that kinda bugged me is what an absolute a** Peter sometimes comes off as....and that's WAYYYY before he even PUTS ON the Venom suit!! :roll: :roll: Can't believe he would be so insensitive to MJ's pain and all like "But hey, look at me, I'm famous!" and then kiss Bryce like that in full view of her and the same way he kissed MJ in part 1--and not even seem sorry after....?

James Franco deserves a Golden Globe just for making his character compelling/terrifying/magnetic even with all the hokey plot twists and some pretty bad dialouge he's got to contend with.

Kirsten wasn't as bad as a lot of people said....I empathized with her a lot more than I thought I would. Bryce was OK but hardly in it....:?, Dylan Baker--SO AWESOME, but also hardly in it. JK Simmons--great too, but wish there'd been more stuff with him trying to get Brock to take a pic of Spidey "in the act", but I guess that would have weighed the film with too many subplots, as if it didn't have enough. :roll:

Oh....and Topher as Brock/Venom.....all I'm going to say is, if I were Tobey, I really WOULD want to kill Topher for stealing every single scene right out from under me--as Brock AND as Venom later on. :wink: :twisted: He was just brilliant, totally in control and gave depth to someone who would otherwise seem smarmy and completely unsympathetic....heck, he was more sympathetic than Peter Parker was!! :P

Those are my immediate thoughts...oh yeah, and although I missed Danny Elfman, I actually liked Chris Young's "quieter" approach....well, that's all for now. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 14th, 2007, 12:18 am

I saw it opening day.

The action sequences are AWESOME!!!

Yes they were WJ!!! :D

"It's silly. It's a silly movie," [Lucas] said. "There just isn't much there. Once you take it all apart, there's not much story, is there?"

I can think of something else that's pretty silly...

LOL Josh!!! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » May 14th, 2007, 1:12 am

Glad you liked the joke, Vi! :)