Pinocchio: Platinum Edition

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 23rd, 2008, 2:14 pm

Yep, both Fantasia's are in the offing, but after Snow White.

As of of now, the timeline is Sleeping Beauty for next month, Pinocchio in the spring of '09, Snow White in the fall of '09 and the Fantasia's early to mid-2010.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 24th, 2008, 7:22 am

Yeah,it is similar to the Cinderella PE logo,like the Enchanted DVD logo but I like it (And yeah,it was more original then Enchanted's DVD logo,the purple logo from the Enchanted merchandise was better then that logo).
Somone already posted the trailer?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 28th, 2008, 4:15 pm

Here's the trailer:

Looks neat :D but I have a question-Blu-Ray don't have menus?.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 28th, 2008, 5:42 pm

Not as we know them:
Most Blu-rays bring up a menu "bar" while the movie's still playing, while Disney tends to bring up a menu page with the movie still playing in the corner (as you can see in the YouTube)...
If they're still doing it that annoying way. :x

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 28th, 2008, 11:14 pm

Beautiful trailer, can't wait to see it officially. The music was very fitting and the animation looks nice.. though hard to tell with Youtube quality.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » September 29th, 2008, 3:34 am

You can also watch it on high quality.
EricJ-It's sorta lame if there's no menus,the menus are good,thought it's neat to go to the main menu while watching the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » September 29th, 2008, 4:03 am

Don't knock it till you've tried it.
Like I said, most Blu fans are annoyed by Disney titles actually having a menu screen...Eww, that's so DVD! :P

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 29th, 2008, 8:12 am

These guys never heard of a tripod? Or a stable table? ;)
Daniel wrote:The animation looks nice.
Only some of the best hand-drawn animation you'll ever see in your life...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 29th, 2008, 10:46 am

Well, yes, perhaps I should've said "restored animation"? ;) Very hard to tell, but it does give you an idea how the restoration is going to look.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 17th, 2008, 2:40 pm

Blu-ray.com wrote:Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has revealed that they will bring 'Pinocchio: 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition' to Blu-ray on March 10th, day-and-date with the DVD release. This second Platinum Edition Blu-ray from Disney will feature two recently discovered scenes and an alternate ending.
Yay! :)

Also, Home Media Magazine gives more details on one of those scenes and the alternate ending... sounds neat! And apparently, like Sleeping Beauty, it will include a Standard-def DVD of the movie. Didn't see that happening again, but a nice surprise!

And here's the press release, as of now, for the Blu-ray. Seems a bit sparse, so hopefully it's not final. Sounds like a few gems though, like "No Strings Attached" and "The Sweat Box". Very exited about those two.

Edit, cover art already!:

Except for the odd placement on the logo, I actually love it! Though I think they're putting too much emphasis on the apple, it's not that significant. I think Jiminy would look better and put Pinocchio on the spine. Oh, and they changed the logo. I liked first one more that was revealed with Sleeping Beauty, though I can understand why they changed it with all that blu.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 18th, 2008, 7:00 pm

What a horrible cover,the logo is ugly and the on from the trailer on Sleeping Beauty PE is MUCH prettier,Pinccohio looks like his trying to rip-off Snow White's pose on the old Snow White PE cover (Espically with the apple),Figaro looks dead,the Blue Fairy has no colors,where's Cleo? and the worst part-Everyone are happy and smiling only poor Jiminy is holding his umberlla and about to get eaten by Monstro,at least he's on the spine but why he needs to be Monstro's meal? hopefully they"ll change the cover.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 22nd, 2008, 10:03 am

While the cover is important, of course, and I wish they'd go with something more like the image I used in this story, it's the total lack of certain extras that's getting me more upset.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 22nd, 2008, 2:33 pm

And what extras did you expect to find...Surviving cast commentary?

(It would be nice if we had as much Vault material to dig into as Bambi did, but there's the possibility it doesn't exist or that there just wasn't much of it at the time--Not that Walt had as much good to say about it.)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 22nd, 2008, 3:50 pm

EricJ wrote:And what extras did you expect to find...
Well, smartypants, the ones I actually listed in that link. For a start.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 11th, 2008, 6:48 pm

DisneyShopping now has it up for pre-order on both formats, which includes a free pin. They also have a touched up version of the cover. Not bad, though I do hope it's not final and we get more bonus features announced.